Monday 8 October 2012

OUGD401 Context of practice- task 1 Love Hate


The task we were set was to identify one piece of visual communication that I love, and one piece that I hate. 

Love

This is a self promotional brochure by design group trickett. It imaginatively combines type with image to create the word 'Ideas'. I like the intuitiveness of the design, It's simple, straight to the point and visually communicates  the message clearly. Finally, I find designs with two colour schemes visually appealing.




A to Z of visual ideas book, Pg 44


Hate

This is a typographic poster series designed by Bill Bernbach. There is two main reasons why I dislike these posters. Firstly, they are suppose to be a series. I don't think they work together because the type is in a different style on each poster. Secondly, the colour scheme is really sickly and over complicated.  




http://pinterest.com/pin/123356477264815135/

No comments:

Post a Comment