Wednesday 8 January 2014

OUGD503- Jacked Lincoln Branding Research

The company is starting up an event in Lincoln for a new house music night so I wanted to have a look at some existing house music brands.




Lovedough and District are two of the most popular nights in Lincoln at the minuet so I thought it would be a good idea to have a look at how they brand them selves. They both use geometric shapes to compose the letterforms, this is something I was thinking of trying for my solution. I think it works well with the style of music played.




Moda Black is the most successful house music label to come from lincoln. It uses circles to form the shapes of the letterforms. 




Record Labels 

I wanted to have a look at record label logos that are associated with a similar style of music. 








Black and white seems to be the most popular colour used with the logos. I think this is a good base colour then variations can be used depending on the context.





A lot of the logos I have looked at use bold blocks of black which I think works well for maximum impact.




I like how these logos have a border, it would work well to help it stand out on different backgrounds.




I like the letterforms used in these designs, Im thinking I will make my custom letterforms from shapes instead of using existing ones to create a unique logo for the brand.



Album Artwork


Both these designs have a minimal aesthetic with high contrasting colours to help make them stand out. I think simplicity will be the best approach for this design as it needs to be instantly recognisable.



I like the colours used in these designs and the use of shapes in the design above to make the logo. 



Inspiration 

The event will be in a small venue so I had a look at some inspirational images to get a feel for the environment which will inform the design.






Social Media


I will need to design a cover photo and profile picture for Facebook so I had a look at the page dimensions.

Profile Picture:
180px
180px

Cover Photo:
width- 851px
height- 315px

No comments:

Post a Comment