Monday 6 January 2014

OUGD504- Traditional Japanese Print Research

The images are sourced from the book Japanese Popular prints. I wanted to have a look at the kind of colours that are traditionally used in Japanese print. This will give me some ideas when I come to choosing my colour scheme.







I want to keep it simple but with impact so the colours will be limited like above, maybe no more than three to keep consistency across media. 





Red and black feature a lot in Japanese prints so I am going to use these colours in my designs.






A Japanese dragon definitely has three claws on each foot (Chinese dragon has five, Korean has four).

Ascending dragons are associated with success in life in Japan so I think it would be good to incorporate this somehow, also the three claws could be represented in my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment