Wednesday 13 November 2013

OUGD504- Publication- Primary research

I went to a independent book shop to have a look at some hand made publications to see how they have used different stock, finishes and formats.




The example below had some pullouts that were in the jacket. This is something I could do with my book e.g. have samples of lino so they can use it to have a go at printing.



I really like the pastel coloured stock used in these examples. I have been thinking about stock colour and pastels was a choice I was thinking about. I have ordered some sample stock of pastel colours so I can decided wether to go with this choice.




This example had a clear tracing paper jacket cover the book. This created a nice finish and touch. I don't think this is relevant to my idea however, I really like the size of the book; something to think about when choosing page sizes.


This example had a spot varnish finish. The ink was the same colour as the stock which looked slick.


This stock had a real nice texture with coloured pigments ingrained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment