Wednesday 13 November 2013

OUGD504- Stock- Primary research

Today a few of us visited a print retailer to have a look at what stock is available. Unfortunately most of the products were vinyl but it was still interesting to see the variety of colours and finishes. 









GFSmith

I requested a sample pack from GFSmith to help me to decided on what stock to use. 




The pack was really useful and has lots a variations of colour, weights and finishes. 


I am still attracted to the pastels colours but I am going to wait to make a decision until I have done some initial development so I have a better idea of the structure of my book. I am thinking I will need five different coloured stocks to correspond to the print processes.

Coloured stock



Black and White stock



Swatches booklet with different finishes



Paper Cutz 

I ordered five pastel coloured papers from Paper Cutz. 


I was thinking about using different colours for each print process.


After the crit it was mentioned that the yellow and orange were too bright in comparison to the other colours so I re-ordered some samples.


I am happy with the new stock colours so I have ordered them so I can start printing. The minimum amount you can order is 25 sheets so I had to order 25 sheets for each colour. It cost 4 pound for 25 sheets so it was quite expensive but I think it will be worth it when its all put together. 


For the front and back cover I am going to use navy mount board.


I decided to digitally print the covers so I am going to use grey sugar paper and mount it onto the back of the mount board.



No comments:

Post a Comment